Thursday 21 July 2011

Body Combat AIM1

Warning: The Les Mills Advanced Instructor Module (AIM) will make you the best instructor you can be!(fitpro.com)

Last week I took part in the BODYCOMBAT™ AIM1 (Advanced Instructor Module). I am not exaggerating when I say that I had the time of my life! The day started with registration at 8am where we were each allocated a track to present. My track was Track 3 from BODYCOMBAT™47 an uplifting power training track, with lots of opportunities for fitness magic. With 26 of us on the course we got split into 3 presenting groups, mine was with the one and only Phil Harrison. We pretty much presented straight away and got instant feedback for us to think about and work on for our second presentation at the end of the day. The feedback was really helpful and simple, I was commended on my coaching and had to correct my stance as it was a bit too wide, bringing it in a little bit allows more hip rotation and therefore more power in the punches.

We did a workshop in each of the martial art styles used in BODYCOMBAT™; Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Capoeira, Kickboxing, and Muay Thai. It was really helpful doing these workshops as I learnt alot about each martial art which I didn't know before and genuinely do believe will help me in my teaching. My favourite was the kick boxing, I was absolutely annahialated after the pad work we did, there was a point where I completely 'unleashed' myself, went a bit nuts and nearly passed out much to the ammusement of my partner, so what did I do? Give up? Noooooo I had a sip of Powerade and got back on it oooooooushe! (as the training team would say) 

The final presentations came round so quickly! As a whole I think everyone in my group performed much better this time round, I had to really concentrate on letting my hips go but I think after practice it will come as naturally as doing it wrong does! The next few months are going to bring lots and lots and lots and lots of practice for me! Mirror work, fitness training, pad work and the newest regime to my training...Kickboxing and Tae Kwon Do! I am so excited to start these and incorporate them into my teaching in order to truely teach in the essense of BODYCOMBAT™

It was a really intense day, lots of hard work but we had such a laugh too. I ached for days after this, my lats, shoulders, legs, shins, core, everything just hurt for about three days. If I could I would do it all over again, and again and again! I am booking myself onto the AIM2 in October so fingers crossed that I will have improved to a high standard and come out as an Elite Instructor (I am crossing everything and will work morning, noon and night to do this!)


Thankyou Tanya, Dave and Phil! Kia Kaha/ Ooooooushe

No comments: